Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Piers


Piers
Originally uploaded by SdosRemedios.
It's NOT boring! I've been fretting over whether or not anyone would give this image a second's look and finally there's been some traffic on Flickr. This is another of my "normal" HDR shots. It would be impossible to take this normally, even with neutral density filters, because of the deep shadows and bright highlights. I wanted to capture the texture of the rusting metal siding and the stained wood as a statement of the interconnectivity of dissimilar objects. - maybe that's too much for people to conclude on their own. Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot. I like the detail and the subtle color variations. Interesting comment about explaining the photo. Sometimes I like being told what a photo is about or what the photographer intended and sometimes I'd rather figure it out for myself. But I have no clarity about when I prefer one or the other until it happens.