Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Glass Blower HDR

Glass Blower
Glass Blower
Originally uploaded by SdosRemedios.
This high dynamic range shot was extracted as three .tif images from a single raw file. Normally this won't do you any good since there is the same amount of information either way. But you can skew your tone-mapper results by extracting at 2ev intervals and telling the tone-mapper that the intervals are at 1ev.

I needed help getting her hair to look right so I used this technique to some success.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love doing HDRs but I havent had the success of getting a person shot to look like this. Very cool

I also added you as a bookmark to photoblogs.org

Anonymous said...

I dig the look. It's also a great portrait in and of itself.

Anonymous said...

Nice work- I like the full color you got from it.

Anonymous said...

nice. what software do you use for hdr ?